Amador Cooperative Preschool
Friday and Saturday
May 15 and 16
Dad and Me
A day at the Fire Department
Jackson Fire Department
(new location: Argonaut
Fire Station, not Main St.)
Saturday, May 23
Call 257-1092 to RSVP.
Children's Story Time
Amador County Library
Wednesdays, starting Sept. 6
10:30am, Jackson Library
1st, 3rd & 5th Mondays:
Camanche Lake Community Center
2nd & 4th Mondays:
Plymouth Pentecostal Church
Tuesdays: Kennedy Meadow Apartments, Jackson
Wednesdays: Ione Memorial Hall
Thursdays: Upcountry Community Center, Pine Grove
For more events,
see our Calendar page.
Amador Cooperative Preschool students work on a science project.
The mission of First 5 Amador is to promote, support, and enhance the optimal development of Amador County's children from zero to five years of age. Our Commission believes that broad community involvement is critical to the success of this mission. With Proposition 10 funds we support projects that make sense locally based on identified needs and opportunities for children and families in Amador County.
Promoting Equitable Access & Outcomes
In 2002, First 5 Amador adopted the Principles on Equity developed by the Advisory Committee on Diversity to First 5 California. The Principles on Equity served as the foundation for developing these nine Guiding Principles: Access; Inclusive principles of equity and diversity for children with special needs; Collaboration; Outreach and Engagement; Utilization of Family Resource Centers; School Readiness; Promoting Father Involvement; Community Building; and Prevention and Wellness Approach.
Our Strategic Plan
The goals and focus areas adopted in the 2011-2014 Strategic Plan are as follows:
Child Care: Increase, improve and enhance the availability, affordability, and quality of child care in Amador County for families with children 0-5.
- Increase the percentage of informal caregivers that participate in educational opportunities.
- Support and/or expand the existing child care system.
- Support for development and improvement of facilities and equipment exists.
Family Safety: Work towards eliminating Family Violence and its impact on Amador County families with children 0-5.
- Increase the awareness of Amador County residents about what constitutes family violence, and how to access resources.
- Increase the number of persons who receive services and information about family violence.
- Improvements in the Family Violence/Domestic Violence system functioning in Amador County are supported.
Health: Enhance the health opportunities to families with children 0-5.
- Increase awareness of the availability of (health) services to families, and how to access those services.
- Increase the utilization of health opportunities (e.g., parent and infant kits, school readiness information, etc.).
- Increase the percentage of eligible families who enroll, participate in, and are retained in health programs (i.e. Healthy Families, Medi-Cal, etc.).
- Increase the number of local health service programs.
School Readiness: Children will enter school with skills for success in life.
- Increase the nutrition education and physical activity of children 0-5.
- Increase peer support of, and self-identification by, parents and/or primary caregivers in their role as their child’s first, most important teacher.
- Increase the number of parents, primary caregivers, and informal/formal caregivers participating in hands-on child development activities in informal settings.
- Increase the number of children 0-5 who have current assessments of their development and total well-being, and whose parents are linked with appropriate resources.
- Increase community awareness of what constitutes School Readiness and skills for success of children.
- Increase early childhood educators’ understanding and awareness of what constitutes School Readiness for children that includes skills for success in life.
- Increase communication and collaboration between pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten communities so they come to a common understanding.
Click here for the complete 2011-2014 Strategic Plan