First 5 Amador has a commitment to work towards the elimination of Family Violence and its impact on the County's families with children 0-5.
Our three main goals within this arena are to:
- Increase the awareness of Amador County residents about what constitutes family violence, and how to access resources.
- Increase the number of persons of who receive services and information about family violence.
- Support improvements in system functioning within the Family Violence/Domestic Violence systems of Amador County.
First 5 supports and works closely with the Amador County Child Abuse Prevention Council. We provide the Council's office space and are an active participant in the Council's meetings and committees. The Amador County CAPC currently offers the following FREE prevention education programs in the areas of:
• Mandated Child Abuse & Neglect Reporter Training
• Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention Workshops
• Internet Safety Presentations for kids, teens, and adults
In collaboration with the Amador County Victim Witness program, First 5 Amador also provides legal vouchers to victims of either domestic or family violence.We all share a common goal of family violence reduction with Operation Care, a local non-profit organization that provides domestic violence and sexual assault support services, crisis intervention and education to residents of Amador County.