Kickoff to Kindergarten
Kickoff to Kindergarten nights are held each year at all six elementary schools within the Amador County Unified School District. During these sessions parents have the opportunity to learn more about the expectations of their children entering kindergarten in the fall. The meetings are facilitated by First 5 Amador's School Readiness Coordinator and Amador County's Director of State Preschools.
Each meeting includes:
- Information on kindergarten enrollment & eligibility
- Overview of school readiness skills & First 5 Amador's "Bridge to Kindergarten" Calendar
- A Question & Answer session with kindergarten teachers and/or school principals
- Activity kits full of school readiness tools
- Free books to take home along with a lesson on "Dialogic Reading"
- Developmental Milestones growth charts
- Review of Ages & Stages Questionnaires
- Overview of the summer "Bridge to Kindergarten" transition program
- Healthy snacks
The next round of Kickoff to Kindergarten nights will take place
in February and March, 2015.
Jackson - Tuesday, February 24th
Plymouth - Thursday, February 26th*
Pine Grove - Tuesday, March 3rd
Ione - Thursday, March 5th
Sutter Creek - Tuesday, March 10th
Pioneer - Thursday, March 12th
All sites meet from 6:00-7:00pm. (*Please note, Plymouth will be 6:15-7:15pm.)
Please click HERE for the flyer with more information.
Please call First 5 Amador to RSVP if you will need child care.