Why Parent Involvment?
Because as a parent, you are your child's first and most important teacher!
When parents are involved:
- Children become more confident, are happier and make friends more easily
- Children learn to read more easily
- Children experience smoother transitions (between home and early childhood or school programs)
- Parents receive helpful information and ideas from teachers, caregivers and other community resources
- Parents feel better and more confident about helping their child learn, and about their own parenting skills
- Caregivers are better able to provide quality care and educational experiences
- Communities reap long-term benefits because children grow up knowing how to communicate and respect one another, and become well-adjusted, more productive members of society
First 5 helps run and/or fund the following family-involvement events and organizations: